Verification of Existing Building Commissioning Energy Savings
- Goal: Resolve technical barriers to the effective verification of energy savings and provide practical guidance on applying industry-accepted methods to verify existing building commissioning (EBCx) project savings.
- Scope: Create and disseminate a practical Guide for selecting and implementing verification methods for existing building commissioning (EBCx) projects.
Specific project objectives include:
- Pilot the Interval Data Energy Models methodology as applied to whole buildings and building subsystems and identify ways to improve upon the method.
- Develop criteria and guidance on how to select appropriate verification methods for EBCx projects based on the project goals and resources.
- Quantum Energy Services & Technologies, Inc. (QuEST)
- Portland Energy Conservation, Inc. (PECI)
- Architectural Energy Corporation (AEC)
- EMC Engineers, Inc. (EMC)
Timeline: August 2009 - December 2011
Principal Investigator: David Jump, PhD, PE, firstname.lastname@example.org