Tools for Standardizing Existing Building Commissioning
- Goal: Build capacity in the existing building commissioning (EBCx) industry to streamline complex energy saving calculations and simplify analysis of energy usage data.
- Scope: Develop and encourage adoption of tools and processes used by commissioning providers for EBCx projects.
Standardized tools reduce the complexity of providers' energy savings calculations. This reduces the time and effort required to review EBCx project deliverables. Specific project objectives include:
- Enable statewide EBCx programs to more easily meet energy goals set forth by the state and Public Utility Commission mandates.
- Increase existing providers' capacity to provide cost-effective EBCx services that result in energy savings.
- Provide tools for new commissioning providers to facilitate their entry into the EBCx market.
- Help move EBCx projects through the investigation phase more quickly.
- Increase efficiency of EBCx projects evaluations that use the pre-approved calculations.
- Architectural Energy Corporation (AEC)
- Quantum Energy Services & Technologies, Inc. (QuEST)
- Portland Energy Conservation, Inc. (PECI)
- EMC Engineers, Inc. (EMC)
Timeline: July 2009 - November 2011
Principal Investigator: John Bates, email@example.com
- Energy Charting and Metrics (ECAM) data analysis tool, v2.0
- Custom Building Optimization Analysis (C-BOA) Tool